CLEP for Military Personnel
reprinted from http://www.collegeboard.com/
College-Level Examination Program® (CLEP®) exams are available to eligible military personnel as a way to save time and money while earning college credit. To assist military personnel in meeting their educational goals, the Defense Activity for Non-Traditional Education Support (DANTES) funds CLEP exams for eligible military service members and eligible civilian employees.
- Who Is Eligible For Military-Funded CLEP Exams?
- Testing Options for Military Personnel and Eligible Civilian Employees
- Obtaining Transcripts for Military Personnel
- CLEP Preparation
CLEP exams are free to the following eligible military personnel and eligible civilian employees. Military veterans can seek reimbursement from the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs for CLEP exams and fees. For more information, visit the CLEP for Veterans page.
- Military personnel (Active Duty and Reserve) - Army, Navy, Air Force, Marine Corps, U.S. Coast Guard, Army Reserve, Air Force Reserve, Marine Corps Reserve, Navy Reserve, Coast Guard Reserve, Army and Air National Guard
- Eligible civilian employees and spouses of participating Reserve Component and Coast Guard personnel
- Department of Defense Acquisition Personnel (only eligible for the following computer-based exams: Principles of Macroeconomics, Principles of Microeconomics and Principles of Marketing)
To review up to date eligibility information, please click here for the Military-Funded CLEP Exams: Eligibility Chart (PDF).
To review information regarding CLEP for Veterans, please click here for the most up to date information http://www.collegeboard.com/student/testing/clep/veterans.html or for more information, download the CLEP for Veterans flyer (PDF).
CLEP Testing Options for Military Personnel and Eligible Civilian Employees
To review up to date information regarding testing options, please visit http://www.collegeboard.com/student/testing/clep/military.html
Military personnel may request an official transcript for CLEP computer-based exams taken after January 1, 2004 by sending the Military Transcript Order Form. Enclose a certified check or money order of $20 for each transcript requested, payable to The DANTES Program. Credit card payment is accepted.
A military transcript will include all scores for paper-based CLEP exams taken by service members at DANTES military test centers (after July 1, 1974) and CLEP computer-based exams (taken after January 1, 2004).
Visit Preparation Resources for Military Service Members to learn about more ways to get ready for the CLEP exam.