Academic Success Center
The Academic Success Center (ASC) is where students can go to receive tutoring for their classes. The Center offers a variety of learning options for all students - undergraduate and graduate. The center provides the following services:
- Individual tutoring to support many courses
- Drop-in or make an appointment
- Group tutoring by tutors
- Faculty available for tutoring during specific hours
- A Lab available to students outside of the electronics lab hours
- A convenient place to study on your own or in small groups
- Workshops on college skills for success
The tutors in the ASC are full-time students who work as part-time tutors. All tutors have at least a 3.0 cumulative GPA and a strong understanding of course materials. You may schedule an appointment with a tutor or see any available tutor without an appointment.
The mission of the Academic Success Center (ASC) is to create an effective learning atmosphere for all DeVry University students enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate course through high quality individual and group tutoring. The ASC can :
- Help students in all programs meet the standards of their coursework at DeVry
- Provide tutoring in all areas of coursework when possible
- Provide students and their tutors a place conducive to studying and learning
- Offer electronic and print resource materials for many subjects
- Learn how to complement your present study habits
- Learn how to more effectively review course material
- Get clarification about material learned in class
- Prepare for tests and assignments
- Receive support and motivation
- Succeed by using this free resource
This is a very common question. In case you are unsure of the answer, here are some questions to ask yourself:
- Have you missed classes due to illness, business, or a family emergency?
- Are you having difficulty understanding the material that is presented in class?
- Was your exam score lower than you expected?
- Is your lab assignment not working properly?
- Have you been away from the class environment for a number of years?
- Do you suffer from test anxiety?
- Are your study habits lacking?
If you answered YES to any of these questions, then the ASC can assist you.
Open Hours & Location
Down the hall from the atrium in Rm 129. Our hours are:
Monday through Thursday: 9:30 a.m. - 9:00 p.m.
Saturday & Sunday: Closed
Please call: 215-591-5786
- Please have this information available:
- D #
- Specific class you need help with
- Email and Phone #
ASC Front Desk: 215-591-5720
Library & ASC Director: Pam Johnson 215-591-5786 or email at email@example.com